Thursday, December 20, 2012

Rhymes With Cars & Girls

I've added several new blogs to my blogroll recently, but I'd like to make a special note of Rhymes With Cars & Girls

excerpt:
I’m genuinely surprised that Susan Rice won’t be the next Secretary of State. After all, while I’m not a Beltway insider, I’ll bet you dollars to doughnuts that Susan Rice is a woman. And that alone is a great qualification right there. Quick civics lesson: by tradition, Secretaries of State are women. Everyone knows that. There will not be any male Secretaries of State going forward. You can jump in a time machine to the year 5432 and ask “Who is the Secretary of State?” and the one thing you can be sure of is that it’s gonna be a woman because then (like now) women will still be considered good people to make Secretaries of State so that they can dance with and charm foreign heads of state and such. Ask why it’s not a man, and you’ll get puzzled, uncomprehending looks. So if today in your daily life you see a woman, then quick, make her the Secretary of State! You may not get another chance. I also hear she’s black, which makes it racist not to give her Job X (for all values of X). So what the heck is going on? I still don’t quite know who ‘Susan Rice’ really is, but I would have thought her being Secretary of State should have been a done deal the moment it was conceived of.

No comments:

Post a Comment