Monday, February 3, 2014

My Book

Shoot Deer, my book, as a beginner's guide to hunting whitetails is available for Kindle.  Free Northerner posted a review on his blog.

I'd like to point out that I was unhappy with the editing of it and I've had it edited by someone other than me.  I am in the midst of making some changes, and adding pictures.  I am particularly reworking the chapters on public land, rifles, muzzleloaders, and how to shoot a bow.

I would recommend waiting to buy my book until I re-release it.

In the meantime I suggest that anyone interested in hunting whitetails read two other books on the subject:

Outwitting the Whitetail by Perry G. Reilly

More of a pamphlet than a "book", but it is just about everything that you need to know about hunting whitetail deer.

One Man's Whitetail by Gene Wensel

A better hunter than me is Mr. Wensel.  He hunts exclusively with traditional bows, which makes everything much more difficult.  After being nearly done with writing my book, I re-read this one and discovered three anecdotes that I had attributed to long-lost magazine articles were actually from this book.

He wrote my book two years after I was born!

Visit my deer hunting blog if you have any questions or want more information.

shootdeer.wordpress.com

Happy hunting.

Random picture from my collection

No comments:

Post a Comment